As a user of this site, you take on certain risks and responsibilities. You also have the right to know how we protect your privacy and confidentiality and what you should expect from us. PeakView Dentistry and our third-party vendors are responsible for the editorial content, products and services offered on this site.
Your Role, Responsibilities, and Risks
- You need to be an informed user of this site. Please read all our policies in full so you know how our site works and how you will interact with the site.
- Pay special attention to your risks as a user. Website users open themselves up to certain risks, such as data collection.
- Understand how we collect data and how it is used. It is our goal to protect your personal information from misuse. We may, however, offer programs that collect data for special reasons, such as research, scientific studies, and statistics, in which case you may be interested in participating with consent.
- Be aware that use of this site, its services, programs, and the health information on it cannot replace nor is it intended to serve as a healthcare provider-patient relationship. You must always consult with a professional for diagnosis and treatment for specific health problems.
What You Should Expect
- We will strive to maintain your privacy, confidentiality, and security at all times.
- It is our goal to ensure your trust and confidence by providing you with as much information as we can about data collection procedures and information when needed.
- We will not intentionally use any personal health information without your permission. We do use non-personal health information which we aggregate for research purposes and to improve usability of this site.
- We will notify you accordingly of all data collection practices by posting such practices on this Website.
- It is our intention to clearly inform you when your risks or privacy may change during the course of using this site.
- We want you to know that this system operates on a secure server. It is our goal to encrypt your personal and professional information and personal health information before it is transmitted. Encryption is a form of scrambling and de-scrambling, an added security feature designed to help prevent unauthorized persons from seeing your information. Although we make every reasonable effort to protect personal information and personal health information from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information via the Internet.
- No provider-patient relationship is created unless we specifically notify you that one is created.
- We will not accept or show you health information content, sponsored programs, or services that we know to contain false or misleading information or that we know promote ineffective or dangerous products.
Our Security Measures
We want your personal information to remain as secure as possible. We use encryption practices to help protect the integrity and privacy of the personal information and/or personal health information you provide to us. As an added security precaution, all personal information and/or personal health information are kept on servers with firewalls that meet or exceed industry standards to prevent intruders from gaining access. Although we make every reasonable effort to protect personal information and personal health information from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information via the Internet. Our website protects your data transfer through the use of HTTPS/SSL layer encryption using 256-bit ECC.
About the Information We Collect
We understand that the personal information and personal health information you provide during your visit to our site is highly sensitive and you may have concerns about sharing such information with us. It is our goal to protect your privacy and we strive to develop practices and policies to safeguard your personal and personal health information.
At different places on our site, you may be asked to volunteer your name, email, address and telephone number. We refer to this type of information as “personal information” because it can be used to identify or contact you.
Personal Health Information
When this information is combined with any information on your health or medical status, we refer to this information as “personal health information.” We often collect information on site use that has nothing to do with you as an individual, only as an anonymous user of the site. We call this information “aggregate information” and use it for purposes such as improving the usability, quality, and functionality of the site. We intend to use the personal information, personal health information, and aggregate information only for the purposes for which it was provided.
Some personal information and personal health information is needed to use this site to provide customized reports and information to help you manage your health, and we ask that you provide it with the knowledge that it will be used to enhance your experience. This information is kept confidential. We do offer special data collection programs that you can “opt-in” to use, in some cases to receive email on health topics or to participate in a new service. For opt-in programs we provide you, when applicable, with detailed information on:
- Who is collecting the data
- What data are collected
- Why and how the data are transferred to a third party
- How the data are being used
- How long the data are being collected
- Who has access to the data
- How to opt-out of data collection
Your browser software can be set to reject all cookies, including cookies from our site. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the Help section of the toolbar. If you reject our cookie, certain functions and conveniences of the site may not work properly. You do not have to accept our cookie in order to productively use our site. If you accept our cookie, we will never link the cookie to personal information and/or personal health information you provide to us. We will not allow other sites or third parties to use our cookies.
Who Collects the Data
PeakView Dentistry, independently and through third party partners, collects information in different sections of this site. PeakView Dentistry collects most of the data via registration and for specific contact emails. This site also can collect information about you separately from third party partners, such as from job applications, product purchases and payments. PeakView Dentistry is interested in your information for the purposes of operating the site more efficiently, providing you with more efficient and reliable functionality, and for answering your questions and concerns. More information on PeakView Dentistry is available in the About Us section. We provide you here with the identity and contact information for the organizations collecting data on this site.
PeakView Dentistry may retain the data collected on this site for an indefinite period of time.
Where Information Is Collected
We collect information about you at several places throughout the site. You will be informed on how this information is collected at that time. You will also have the ability to opt-in to information collection when you enter the site or use a service. Most information is collected in the following instances:
Appointments and Patient Forms
In order book an appointment online, you may be required to complete a registration form that requests certain information, such as name, telephone number and email address. We may offer specialized registration for certain programs and events that may request some or all of the above information.
We may use your registration information to send you an email confirming your registration with our site, to respond to questions from you, or to notify you if there is a problem with any order for goods or services that you placed. We may also, from time to time, send emails, with your permission, on special promotions or newsletters we think may be of interest to you. Once you have opted in, we may send info to you. For instance, if you opt in we may send information regarding your specific health condition.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We continually seek new ways to maintain your trust as a user and improve our offerings. To provide new and better services, we monitor user traffic patterns and try to analyze what our users like and do not like about our current offerings so we can design better services for you. We may also use certain information for testing purposes, site development and planning, and during the normal course of maintaining the site. When you use our site, you automatically allow us to collect this information related to these uses. In these cases, researchers, business analysts, system designers, and others may have access to the data we collect.
We do not intend to use or disclose any personal information or personal health information you provide on our site to an unrelated third party without your express permission, except as explained in this section.
You should know that there are circumstances when, in the ordinary course of business, we will share some information about you with a related third party:
- We have relationships with different vendors and suppliers that ship products ordered on our site directly to our customers. In these cases, we provide to the vendor the information necessary to fulfill your order, such as the items ordered, your name, and shipping address. We require these third parties to adhere to the same level of privacy and security levels that we follow.
- As stated elsewhere, we may also share aggregate statistical information on our users, sales, traffic patterns and site usage with our business affiliates and sponsors. There is nothing in this information that could be used to identify or contact you.
- We require vendors to provide specific services, such as data analysis, data storage, email processing, customer service, sweepstakes or special promotions. We ask vendors to adhere to our confidentiality standards and do not permit a vendor to use our customer information for any other purpose. In many of these instances, you will be given the opportunity to opt-in to this collection of information and can opt-out at any time.
- We may share registration data with business affiliates.
- In certain limited circumstances, we may be legally compelled to release your personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law or regulation. In the event that we are compelled to disclose personal information and/or personal health information to a third party, we will notify you unless doing so would violate the law or court order. We also reserve the right to cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting users that violate our rules or engage in behavior that is harmful (or illegal) to other users.
Our Relationship with Third Parties
Linked and Affiliated Sites
We want you to be informed about the Third-Party vendors that appear or function as part of this site. To better serve our users, there are parts of our Website, such as the Services and content areas, that are operated by a Third Party (“Affiliated Sites”), as well as links from this site to other sites that are operated by Third Parties (“Linked Sites”).
PeakView Dentistry does not make any representations or warranties regarding the accuracy, integrity or quality of “Linked Sites.” Consequently, PeakView Dentistry will not be liable in any way for the Linked Sites, including, without limitation, for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of Linked Sites. You hereby waive any claim against PeakView Dentistry with respect to the Linked Sites. You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of the Linked Sites, including, without limitation, any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of the material contained in the Linked Sites.
We work with Google to provide you with detailed maps and driving directions. Please see maps.google.com for more information.
We work with Local Med to provide online booking services. Please see localmed.com for more information.
Modento Inc .
We work with Modento Inc .to provide online patient paperwork. Please see opendental.com for more information.
Your Privacy Choices
You have the choice on this site to opt-in to information collected about you in most circumstances, the exceptions being the instances when data are used for site maintenance and other similar activities. If you opt-in to data collection we make every effort to give you detailed information on the program or service you select. To opt-out of data collection, make any changes or updates, or request that information be deleted, you have several choices.
When you make an appointment, or fill out your new patient paperwork, you are selecting to opt-in to receiving email with information that we think you might find useful including promotions, announcements of new services and products, and newsletters.
You can contact us at any time if you do not wish this site to use or store your information any longer.
Change/Update Personal Information
You may change or update your personal information and/or personal health information at any time using the following options:
- You can contact us in writing using the address in our Contact Us link
Remove or Delete Personal Information
You may remove previously provided personal and/or personal health information at any time by contacting us in writing using the address in our Contact Us link.
Users should be aware that it is not always technically possible to remove or delete the information you provide to us. We back-up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss, and that means a copy of your personal information may exist in a non-erasable form that may be difficult or impossible for us to locate. Nevertheless, upon receiving your request we will try to remove or delete all personal information and/or personal health information stored in the active databases that we use for research and daily business activities. We will not intentionally disclose any personal information stored in a non-erasable format after receiving your request for removal, except as required by law.
Our Children’s Policy
We strive to comply with the Child Online Protection Act (COPA) and are committed to protecting the privacy of children. Although not designed for children, our site may feature information and services of interest to or for children 13 and under. We require parental or legal guardian consent to collect personally identifiable information on any child under the age of 13 in order to be in compliance with COPA, and will employ an age identification mechanism to prevent children under the age of 13 from entering personally identifiable information on the site where personally identifiable information is collected. When consent is given and we collect personally identifiable information on children under 13, we will not disclose this information to any third party. We may, however, use the information to create aggregate data that may be shared with third parties, but there is no way a child can be identified.
Parents and guardians of minors who permit their children to use our site should be aware that any information volunteered by a child in a chat room, bulletin board, moderated on-line discussion or other public forum on our site could be used by other persons participating or observing activities on the site to contact the child via email or in some other manner. We do not have control over the actions of these third parties and are not responsible for any contacts that may occur. When it is brought to our attention that a user under the age of 13 has volunteered personal information on a chat room or other public forum on our site, we will delete such information from our active databases in accordance to our deletion policy.
To obtain more information on a child’s use of this site, parents or guardians can contact us in writing or via our Contact page – https://www.peakviewdentistry.com/#contact-us
This website is solely owned by PeakView Dentistry and maintained by PeakView Dentistry.
Use of Information
Personal and Non-Commercial Use of Limitation
You may view and download material on the Website solely for your own personal and non-commercial use. You must keep all copyright and other proprietary notices on any copies of the material you use from this Website. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information or services obtained from the Services.
Certain activities are prohibited on this Website, with the Services, and on the network and servers supporting this Website (the “Network”). Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to, using the Services, Network, or Website in such a manner as to damage, destruct, impair in any way, disable, overburden, or introduce computer viruses to the Website, attempting to access restricted areas of the Website through any means, using slanderous or profane language in any areas involving communications of the Website, or interfering with the use of this Website by another party.
We reserve the right to terminate or deny access to you if you engage in any prohibited activity.
No links to other Websites or references to third parties are intended to be endorsements of a third party’s products or services.
Privacy and Protection of Personal Information
No Practice of Dentistry
This Website is not engaged in the practice of dentistry. Any information and advice on the Website is given on a generalized, generic basis, and is not specific to any individual patient’s condition. Use of this Website is helpful in making you informed about healthcare issues and use of this site does not create a care provider-patient relationship. On-line health services and health information cannot replace a health professional-patient relationship, and you should always consult with a professional for diagnosis and treatment of any specific health or dental problems. You should not disregard any advice or treatment from your health professional based on your interpretation of what you may read on this Website.
Link to Third Party Sites
PeakView Dentistry websites may provide links to official federal, state or local government websites, quasi-government agency and government sponsored websites and websites created by public/sector/private sector partnerships when those sites contain information helpful to our users.
Before providing a link to an external website, the external website must meet the following criteria:
- The site contains relevant, useful and authoritative content and features that will benefit our users.
- The site clearly states and reflects its purpose and provides overall quality and authoritative value to our users.
- The site contains accurate and timely information that is regularly updated.
- The site is accessible and applicable to a wide audience.
- The site’s approach to protecting the privacy and security of personal information is consistent with the PeakView Dentistry Websites’ privacy and security policies.
- The site is non-profit and provides information at no cost. This includes government, university, and non-profit organization websites. PeakView Dentistry does not link to sites whose primary purpose is to sell products or services.
- The site’s content has excellent overall quality.
- The site is organized, “user-friendly” and easy to navigate.
- If the site contains links to other sites, the linked sites are functional and appropriate.
- The site is a credible source for information. The site must be free of typos and errors so that it does not detract from the credibility of the site.
- The site does not exhibit hate, bias or discrimination or contain information or hyperlinks associated with partisan political activity. The site does not contain offending sexual content.
- The site does not contain misleading or unsubstantiated claims or conflict with the mission of PeakView Dentistry.
- The site does not require additional software or hardware.
- The site loads in a reasonable amount of time and is consistently available.
PeakView Dentistry and/or its respective suppliers make no representations about the suitability of the information contained in the information and related graphics published as part of the Services for any purpose. All such information and related graphics are provided “As Is” without warranty of any kind. PeakView Dentistry and/or its respective suppliers hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to this information, including all warranties and conditions of merchantability, whether express, implied or statutory, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. In no event shall PeakView Dentistry and/or its respective suppliers be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of information available from the Services.
We offer registration for certain programs, events, and classes that may request personal information. In order to register you may be requested to complete certain information, such as name, telephone number and email address. In addition, you may be asked during registration to tell us about health topics that you are interested in.
We may use your registration information to send you an email confirming your registration with our site, to respond to questions from you, or to notify you if there is a problem with any registrations placed. We may also, from time to time, send e-mails, with your permission, on special promotions or newsletters we think may be of interest to you.
Upon registering any of your information, please keep all of your information confidential and in a secure place. You will be responsible and liable for any and all activities that occur under your account.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively, “Trademarks”) displayed on this site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of PeakView Dentistry and other Third-Party content providers in the U.S. and/or other countries. No Trademark displayed on this site may be used without written permission of the owner of such Trademarks. Misuse of these Trademarks, or any other content on this site, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that PeakView Dentistry will enforce its intellectual property rights. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
You may not copy, reproduce, republish, post, retransmit, or distribute in any way any of the information contained in this site without prior written consent of PeakView Dentistry. Unless otherwise noted, everything that you see or read on this site is copyrighted.
Copyright 2019, PeakView Dentistry. All rights reserved.
© 2019 PeakView Dentistry. All Rights Reserved.
Cosmetic dentistry is a great way to improve your smile if you feel that there are imperfections that affect confidence daily. Read on to learn more about cosmetic dentistry. While many are familiar with the aesthetic benefits of cosmetic dentistry, many are not as familiar with how treatment can also help the health of your…
Preparing for an upcoming tooth extraction? The main concern for patients is the potential pain that comes with the procedure. Thankfully, modern-day dentistry has allowed for new technology, which helps to keep pain at a minimum. Nonetheless, it is necessary to get familiar with what is involved in order to be appropriately prepared. Keep reading…
Orthodontic treatment is offered by general dentists in an effort to correct abnormalities with the teeth and the jaw. Of course, crooked or crowding teeth can poorly affect one's ability to eat, smile, and even speak. Another aspect that most people do not realize is that oral hygiene can be extremely difficult too, which is…
A laser dentist is a great resource to utilize when looking for an alternative way to have dental procedures performed. Laser dentists offer procedures that are less invasive, less painful and less grueling for the mouth. They do this by using laser light beams to perform necessary treatments on the oral cavity. Ultimately, dental laser…
Preventative dentistry is a branch that focuses primarily on keeping dental issues at bay. Preventing dental issues is cheaper than treating them, and you do not have to deal with the pain and discomfort that comes with oral problems when you stop them from developing in the first place.Preventive dentistry starts with educating patients about…